3 Railroad Workers Burned While Working in North Platte
An accident Saturday sent three railroad employees to the hospital to be treated for burns.
Railroad spokesman Mark Davis says they were using a blowtorch on the coupler end of a car when a hot oil, likely hydraulic fluid, spilled onto the workers.
With burns on their hands and faces, the three workers were taken to Great Plains Regional Medical Center in North Platte.
One of the men was treated and released, but the other two were taken to a burn unit.
The accident is still under investigation.