Lincoln -- Clinicswill be offered across the state to help crop producers and agribusinessprofessionals improve their profitability and sustainability.
The 2014 University ofNebraska-Lincoln Extension Crop Production Clinics will be offered at ninelocations across Nebraska in January 2014.
The clinics will feature presentations from extensionspecialists and educators on soil fertility, soil water and irrigationmanagement, crop production, ag business management and policy, pesticidesafety, and disease, insect and weed pest management.
Program topics are tailored to meet the needs of cropping systems indifferent parts of the state, and vary by location, so each clinic will offeran experience and benefit unique to the area.
The clinics will be theprimary venue for commercial and non-commercial pesticide applicators to renewtheir licenses in the categories of Ag Plant, Regulatory andDemonstrations/Research. Private pesticide applicator can be recertified byattending the clinics.
Certified Crop Advisorscan earn continuing education units in the Integrated Pest Management (sixCEU), Soil and Water (two CEU), Nutrient Management (one CEU) and CropProduction (three CEU). Attendees can earn a maximum of six CEU at a location.
Registration is availableonline at http://cpc.unl.edu/ or is availableat the door starting at 8 a.m., an hour before the start of each clinic. The costis $60 for those pre-registering online or $75 at the door. Lunch is included inthe fee.
Dates and locations forthe 2014 Crop Production Clinics are as follows:
- Jan. 7, Gering CivicCenter, Gering
- Jan. 8, SandhillsConvention Center, North Platte
- Jan. 9, Adams CountyFairgrounds, Hastings
- Jan. 14, Younes ConferenceCenter, Kearney
- Jan. 15, The Auditorium,York
- Jan. 16, Beatrice CountryClub, Beatrice
- Jan. 21, Community Center,Atkinson
- Jan. 22, Lifelong LearningCenter at the Northeast Research and Extension Center, Norfolk
- Jan. 23, AgriculturalResearch and Development Center, Mead
For more information,contact a local UNL Extension office or call (402) 472-2811 or (402) 472-1632.