The "Great Platte River Road Archway" has filed forchapter 11 bankruptcy after years of struggling to get visitors through the door.
According to bankruptcy documents, the Archway refinanced a $60 million debt down to$22 million, which is due to be paid this year.
In addition to that debt, bond–holders are owed another $20 million, and several local vendors are owed a total of over $120,000 aswell.
Some of the notable local businessesowed money include:
- $10,796 owed to Stagecoach Gifts in Kearney,
- $9,209 owed to Yanda's Pro Audio of Kearney,
- $5,530 owed to Warren–T Drain Cleaners and Plumbers of Kearney,
- $2,201 owed to Gary Ginther Studios of Cambridge, and
- $1,927 owed to Benjamin's Landscaping of Holdrege.