Archway Named as Must-See Museum by TrueWest Magazine
The Great Platte River Road Archway has been named a must–seemuseum for 2013.
TrueWest Magazine has included the archway on its top ten list. Museum officials say the opening of the Pawnee Scout Exhibit was a large factor in the magazine's decision.
The exhibit includes the Pawnee Seed Preservation Project and earth lodge, something that helps make history more exciting -- a must to be included on the list.
Ronnie O'Brien, Archway cultural director, said, "We are so thankful for the relationship with thePawnee people, which make the Scout Exhibit, and other projects possible."
"We are thrilled to see ourefforts to bring to life the story of the people who lived along the WesternTrails recognized by such a respected national magazine as TrueWest," added O'Brien.
The archway is joined in the publication by the Joslyn Art Museum, which was named as one of the top six must–see art museums.
Also included on the list of Top 10 Must-See Museums:
- History Colorado Center – Denver,CO
- Buffalo Bill Museum – Cody, WY
- New Mexico History Museum – Santa Fe, NM
- California Trail Interpretive Center – Elko, NV
- Buffalo Bill Museum and Grave – Golden, CO
- Ft. Reno Visitor Center and Museum – El Reno, NV
- Boot Hill Museum – Dodge City, KS
- Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – Houston, TX
- Heard Museum – Phoenix, AZ