MENU

      Axtell House Fire Displaces Resident

      22614979_BG1.jpg
      22614979_BG1.jpg

      A weekend fire leavesone Axtell resident displaced.

      The house fire brokeout early Sunday afternoon. Axtell Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched tothe home on West 4th shortly before 2 p.m.

      Fire officials say anunattended lit candle apparently caught some papers on fire in the kitchen. Nobody was home whenthe fire broke out.

      American Red Crosshelped make arrangements for other housing.

      Early figures say thefire caused between 15- to 20-thousand-dollars damage. The fire is stillunder investigation by the State Fire Marshall's office.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER