Serves 8 | Source: Hy-Vee recipe of month, Try-Foods International
All you need
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup light raspberry-walnut vinaigrette dressing
All you do
- For the salad, in a heavy sauté pan, toast the quinoa on medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until it begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water to boiling, then carefully pour water into the quinoa. Add salt to taste; cover, reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl; let cool.
- Add blueberries, feta cheese, walnuts, parsley and bell pepper; mix gently. Drizzle dressing over salad; stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.