Burn Schools Look to Keep Prescribed Burns Safe
Prescribed Burn Task Force Burn Schools are setting up shop around Nebraska to teach the proper way to burn fields.
Prescribed burns may be held for CRP renovation, grasslands management, invasive species control and wildlife habitat improvements.
The workshops are being held Feb. 19-22 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. with registration starting at 8:30 a.m. Registration is $10 ($5 for members of VFD). Lunch is provided.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19
- Community Hall (Main Street)
- Call Custer County Extension to register, 308.872.6831
- Wednesday, Feb. 20
- Buffalo County Extension Office, 1400 E. 34th St.
- Call Buffalo County Extension to register, 308.236.1235
- Thursday, Feb. 21
- Call Dawson County Extension to register, 308.324.5501
- Friday, Feb. 22
- CCC Too Restaurant, Highway 83
- Call Lincoln County Extension to register, 308.532.2683 or 800.200.1381