Communities Across Nebraska Offering Adult Education Classes Through CCC
Central CommunityCollege is offering Adult Education classes during the 2013 spring semester at14 locations in 12 Nebraska communities.
Adult Education includes assistance with basic reading, writing, math andspelling skills; drills and special instruction through the English as a SecondLanguage Program; citizenship classes; and preparation for the Nebraska highschool diploma (GED) exam.
All Adult Education classes are open to individuals 16 years or older who arenot enrolled in secondary school. Students must pay a $20 registration fee twoweeks prior to attending orientation.
The fee should accompany aregistration/receipt form that students can pick up at their local AdultEducation classroom and can be paid on site at the Kearney and Lexingtoncenters or by mail or at a campus student accounts office for the other locations.
A extra fee is also charged for each of the five GED tests.
For more information, contact Ann Chambers in Grand Island at (308) 398-7446 ortoll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext. 7446, or by contacting the following:
- Aurora: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext.7433;
- Central City: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780,ext. 7433;
- Columbus: Brandon Allen or Melinda Allen at (402) 564-5196;
- Columbus Cargill: Lucia Schulz at (402) 563-7707;
- Gothenburg: Marilynn Hersh at (308) 324-8483;
- Grand Island: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780,ext. 7433;
- Hastings: Anne Cannon at (402) 463-7323;
- Holdrege: Diana Watson at (308) 995-8133 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780;
- Kearney: Laurel Volpe at (308) 338-4009 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext.4009;
- Lexington: Marilynn Hersh at (308) 324-8483;
- Ord: Lu Lansman at (308) 728-3299;
- Schuyler: Julie Gall (GED) at (402) 352-5781 or Brandon Allen or Melinda Allen(ESL) at (402) 564-5196;
- Schuyler Cargill: Sandi Montanez at (402) 352-8221;
- Superior: Anne Cannon at (402) 463-7323.