Central CommunityCollege is offering Adult Education classes during the 2013 spring semester at14 locations in 12 Nebraska communities.
Adult Education includes assistance with basic reading, writing, math andspelling skills; drills and special instruction through the English as a SecondLanguage Program; citizenship classes; and preparation for the Nebraska highschool diploma (GED) exam.
All Adult Education classes are open to individuals 16 years or older who arenot enrolled in secondary school. Students must pay a $20 registration fee twoweeks prior to attending orientation.
The fee should accompany aregistration/receipt form that students can pick up at their local AdultEducation classroom and can be paid on site at the Kearney and Lexingtoncenters or by mail or at a campus student accounts office for the other locations.
A extra fee is also charged for each of the five GED tests.
For more information, contact Ann Chambers in Grand Island at (308) 398-7446 ortoll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext. 7446, or by contacting the following:
- Aurora: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext.7433;
- Central City: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780,ext. 7433;
- Columbus: Brandon Allen or Melinda Allen at (402) 564-5196;
- Columbus Cargill: Lucia Schulz at (402) 563-7707;
- Gothenburg: Marilynn Hersh at (308) 324-8483;
- Grand Island: Penny Holloway at (308) 398-7433 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780,ext. 7433;
- Hastings: Anne Cannon at (402) 463-7323;
- Holdrege: Diana Watson at (308) 995-8133 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780;
- Kearney: Laurel Volpe at (308) 338-4009 or toll-free at 1-877-222-0780, ext.4009;
- Lexington: Marilynn Hersh at (308) 324-8483;
- Ord: Lu Lansman at (308) 728-3299;
- Schuyler: Julie Gall (GED) at (402) 352-5781 or Brandon Allen or Melinda Allen(ESL) at (402) 564-5196;
- Schuyler Cargill: Sandi Montanez at (402) 352-8221;
- Superior: Anne Cannon at (402) 463-7323.