Cheesy Irish Potato Chowder
All you need:
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-fat,
low-sodium cream of celery soup
- 3 ounces nonfat cream cheese
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2-1/2 cups cubed unpeeled red potatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Kerrygold® Irish Cheddar cheese,
- 2 to 3 sliced green onions
All you do:
- In a
large saucepan combine celery soup and cream cheese; place over medium
heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth. Stir in chicken broth.
potatoes and onion; season with pepper to taste. Simmer, uncovered, 30
minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
from heat and stir in 1/4 cup Cheddar, stirring until smooth. Top with
remaining 1/4 cup Cheddar and sliced green onions and serve.
not a traditional Irish soup, this recipe does showcase delicious Irish
cheeses. Irish cheeses and butters tend
to be a dark, rich color due to the extra beta-carotene found in the milk of
cows that grazed in the rich hills of Ireland.