The City of Kearney Sanitation Division has moved the recycling drop off site previously located at Bob's Super Store to a new location at South Railroad Street and Avenue M.
The new site can be found on the east side of Avenue M, south of Andersen Wrecking.
The City of Kearney encourages all residents to recycle and provides a number of convenient drop off locations:
- City of Kearney Public Works Department at 15th Avenue and North Railroad Street;
- University Heights Apartments, south parking lot, located at 17th Avenue and 35th Street;
- Hilltop Mall, in parking lot, south of Herberger's;
- Kearney Area Recycling Center, 3007 East 39th Street; and
- Kearney Area Solid Waste Agency Landfill, 6711 West 56th Street.
In addition to using the drop off sites, residents can have their recyclables collected, curb side, twice a month, free of charge. To order a blue recycling container, contact the Sanitation Division at 233-3206.
Last year the Sanitation Division collected, processed and sold over 3,241 tons of recyclables, which when sold brought in $323,425. The Sanitation Division was also able to avoid over $89,140 in landfill disposal fees by recycling.
For more information regarding recycling in Kearney, go to the city's website: www.cityofkearney.org.