The Nebraska Department of Insurance will be hosting educational sessions to present information on the Affordable Care Act -- also known as ObamaCare to some -- to the public.
The department's presentation will include information such as:
- What the Affordable Care Act is and what it means to businesses and individuals
- What the Health Insurance Marketplace is and where to go with questions
- A discussion on open enrollment
- Small business options -- SHOP
- A discussion on rates
- Available resources
There also will be a question and answer session after each presentation.
The dates and locations of the educational sessions are:
- Oct. 9 in Grand Island -- 6-9 p.m. at Howard Johnson Riverside, 3333 Ramada Rd., HWY 281
- Oct. 10 in Kearney -- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. at Kearney Public Library, 2020 1st Ave.
- Oct. 16 in South Sioux City -- 6-9 p.m. at Marina Inn, 385 E. 4th St.
- Oct. 17 in Omaha -- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at UNMC, 42nd and Emile
- Oct. 17 in Nebraska City -- 6-9 p.m. at Lied Lodge, 2700 Sylvan Rd.