Department of Insurance to Hold Educational Sessions for Affordable Care Act in Grand Island, Kearney
The Nebraska Department of Insurance will be hosting educational sessions to present information on the Affordable Care Act -- also known as ObamaCare to some -- to the public.
The department's presentation will include information such as:
- What the Affordable Care Act is and what it means to businesses and individuals
- What the Health Insurance Marketplace is and where to go with questions
- A discussion on open enrollment
- Small business options -- SHOP
- A discussion on rates
- Available resources
There also will be a question and answer session after each presentation.
The dates and locations of the educational sessions are:
- Oct. 9 in Grand Island -- 6-9 p.m. at Howard Johnson Riverside, 3333 Ramada Rd., HWY 281
- Oct. 10 in Kearney -- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. at Kearney Public Library, 2020 1st Ave.
- Oct. 16 in South Sioux City -- 6-9 p.m. at Marina Inn, 385 E. 4th St.
- Oct. 17 in Omaha -- 11 a.m.-1 p.m. at UNMC, 42nd and Emile
- Oct. 17 in Nebraska City -- 6-9 p.m. at Lied Lodge, 2700 Sylvan Rd.