Education Grants to be Featured at May Energy Symposium
The Nebraska Energy Assistance Network will be awarding grants to seven agencies to help themeducate families on better ways to manage their energy needs at the energy symposium taking place in Kearney on Friday, May 17.
The Energy Education -- Managing Challengesand Finding Solutions symposium is being held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at theHoliday Inn Convention Center in Kearney, Neb.
The grants provide the agencies with up to 30 energyefficiency kits and educational training program materials. The kits are valued at around $700 and are used to educate customers on how to save energy in their homes.
Agencies receiving the grants are:
- McCook Economic Development Corporation, McCook
- Community Action Partnership of Lancaster and Saunders County, Lincoln
- Rebuilding Together Omaha, Inc., Omaha
- Community Action Partnership ofWestern Nebraska, Gering
- Blue Valley Community Action, Fairbury
- ChristianOutreach Program of Elkhorn, Elkhorn
- Lutheran Family Services of Nebraska,Inc., Omaha
The symposium, funded through a grant from the NebraskaEnergy Office, is open to community outreach agency staff and volunteers, civicand charity organizations, educators, utility representatives and governmentofficials and staff. The event features many sessions to inform attendees with ways to discuss energy use with clients.
Registration for the symposium can be completed at www.nebraskaenergyassistance.org.
The cost is $35 for NEAN members and their employees or$45 for non-member companies and organizations.