- 1 eggplant, remove skin, sliced horizontally 1" thick
- Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs (egg wash) mixed with a 1/4 cup milk, salt and pepper
- 1 quart marinara
- shredded provolone cheese (or mozzarella)
- lobster and shrimp sauteed scampi style (butter, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper, white wine)
- 2 cups lobster tail meat
- 2 cups 51/60 size shrimp
Bread eggplant in this order:
- flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs
- fry in 1" canola oil until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Top each piece with sauteed lobster and shrimp mixture.
- Follow with marinara
- Follow with shredded provolone
- Place in oven, allow cheese to get bubbly and golden brown.
- Ladle 3-4 oz. of Hollandaise over top allowing to drizzle down. Garnish.