Fireworks on Sale in Many Nebraska Communities
Fireworks are now on sale in many Nebraska communities. The following is a list of firework sale and discharge dates for the Tri-Cities:
Consumer fireworks will be available for sale from fireworks stands that have been inspected and have a city permit to sell.
Fireworks can be discharged from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Wednesday, June 29 through Saturday, July 2 and 8 a.m. to midnight Sunday, July 3 and Monday, July 4.
- Always buy fireworks from established retail stands in Kearney.
- Look out for teens experimenting with homemade fireworks or modifying fireworks.
- Have a responsible adult in charge.
- Never give fireworks to children or leave children alone with fireworks and matches/lighters.
- Respect the rights of others by following state laws and local ordinances when using fireworks.
The Kearney Volunteer Fire Department urges citizens to be smart, responsible and safe this
Fourth of July holiday.
Fireworks go on sale in Grand Island Monday morning, June 27, and will remain on sale through Monday, July 4.
It is legal to purchase and set off fireworks from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. each day, except the Monday, the Fourth of July, when the ending time is extended to midnight.
Fireworks go on sale in Hastings Monday, June 27 and will be available for purchase through Monday, July 4.
Fireworks can be discharged between 9 a.m. and 11 p.m. Monday, June 27 through Saturday, July 2 and until midnight Sunday, July 3 and Monday, July 4.