Good Samaritan Hospital in Kearney is recognizing individuals and organizations in the Kearney and Buffalo County community who make central Nebraska a healthier place to live.
The recognition is part of the Healthy Community awards program and is in its fourth year in central Nebraska.
Area residents are encouraged to nominate local individuals, businesses and organizations for their work in making the region a healthier place to live. Nomination forms can be found at gshs.org. The deadline to submit a nomination is May 8.
TheHealthy Community Awards include a total of six categories--advocacy, education,prevention, partnership, leadership and recreation. A local advisory committeewill select award recipients based on their contributions in a particularcategory.
Thebreakdown of each category is as follows:
- Advocacy isawarded to the group or individual who has creatively implemented healthimprovement or awareness programming on behalf of a specific population.
- Education isawarded to the group or individual who has provided health educationopportunities and is an advocate of health within the community.
- Prevention isawarded to the group or individual who has provided a service or program thatmakes a significant contribution to preventing injury, illness or disease.
- Partnership isawarded to the group or individual who has actively partnered with Good SamaritanHospital to provide health services in the community.
- Leadership isawarded to the group or individual who has shown outstanding leadership in thecommunity by preventing, promoting or protecting health issues.
- Recreation isawarded to the group or individual who has shown outstanding leadership inorganized sports--youth or adult--in the community.
Aluncheon recognizing the Healthy Community Award winners will be held inconjunction with the Community Olympics in June.