Residents of Grand Island are being asked to provide suggestions for the name of a new building on Adams Street.
Grand Island Public Schools is seeking a name for the building that will house many of the Career Pathways Institute's programs. Other campuses for the Institute include, Grand Island Senior High, Central Community College and St. Francis Medical Center.
Several pathways will have a home in the new building, so name suggestions should not be specific to one program.
The pathways offered by the Career Pathways Institute include:
- Architecture and Construction
- Health Sciences
- Arts, A/V Technology and Communications
- Business Management and Administration
- Education and Training
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Information Technology
- Transportation and Logistics
The school board has set guidelines for the naming process:
- The building name could be a person's name, be based on location, some historical relevance or something generic that catches the spirit of the district or community.
- The name is not for sale; there will be no corporate purchasing of the naming rights.
- It should be respectful, honorable and have integrity.
To submit a name go to engageGIPS.com before April 4. Include the reason why the name would be a good choice in the submission.
The Board of Education will take the suggestions and make the final decision. The board may reject all suggestions and come up with an entirely new name.
For more information about the Career Pathways Institute, go to http://www.careerpathwaysinstitute.org/.