Since Weight Watchers started in 1963 healthysnacking has always played an important role in losing weight and maintaining ahealthy lifestyle because it can help stave off hunger and make you feel morein control.
Some of the classic healthy snacks include:
- StuffedCelery Redux
- Spread 2tablespoons fat-free cream cheese into 4 celery sticks and dot with 1tablespoon dried cranberries. PPV- 2
- Sprinkle 3 cups air popped popcorn with chili powder and garlic powder. PPV- 2
- Break grapes into small clusters, place in a single layer on aplate and freeze. PPV- 0
Current, trendy snacks include:
- Spray 1cup torn kale leaves lightly with nonstick spray and toss with a pinch eachsalt and pepper. Bake in 400° oven until crisp, about 8 minutes. PPV- 1
- CrunchyAlmond Cakes
- Spread 2 teaspoons almond butter over 2 large rice cakes. PPV- 4
- SpicyRoast Chickpeas
- Rinse andpat dry ½ cup canned chickpeas. Bake on small parchment-lined baking sheet in375° oven until very crisp, about 45 minutes. Sprinkle with pinch each of cuminpowder, chipotle chili powder and salt.PPV- 3
Thebest part of all these snacks is that they are all less than 5 PPV. Allthese recipes are from the new WeightWatchers 50th Anniversary cookbook which will be on sale April 30wherever books are sold.
Go to weightwacthers.com for more information.