Fairfield Creek Fire Donations
Many organizations are coming together to assist fire crews and those affected by the fire.
NTV News has learned of several and would like to share these with our viewers. We will be happy to add to this list as we learn more. Please e-mail us at email@example.com or call (308) 743-2494 if you would like to be added to this list.
Organizations taking donations:
- The Courthouse in St. Paul, NE
- The American Red Cross
- Advance America – locations all around the state
- Cornhusker Toyota is accepting donations at Hy-Vee in Grand Island. Read more later in this article.
- Online donations are also available to help support the Fairfield Creek Fire.
- The North Central Development Center in Ainsworth, NE has set up a pay-pal account.
- All donations are tax-deductible and will go to help support crews on scene as well as rebuilding efforts for those affected by the fire.
Follow the following link to donate:
Cornhusker Toyota is collecting supplies to send to the Valentine area. They have a truck accepting donations at Hy-Vee in Grand Island.
They got the idea from an employee who left to fight the fire.
Jaden Roberts of Cornhusker Toyota said, "He called me and said, "I have to go" and he'd only been working for us a week so there's a little hesitation but I said, 'Go and what could I do'. I said 'I' and he said, 'Man, we need a lot', and so I was like, 'I need to change I to we' and thought this town could do something different."
While groups like this accept donations of supplies, if you would like to help the American Red Cross, they specifically ask that you do not donate stuff.
The Red Cross is seeking financial support, saying it is difficult to manage donated items in a disaster area.