MENU

      Holdrege Resident Makes Lucky Escape in House Fire

      20485959_BG1.jpg
      20485959_BG1.jpg

      A fire broke out in a Holdrege home Wednesday morning with the resident making a quick escape.

      The fire chief says flames shot up through the roof whencrews arrived on scene. The section of the house engulfed in flames was an add-on between the house and garage.

      Firefighters were able to mostly contain the fire to the add-on section of the house, however the add-on structure is being considered a complete loss.

      Authorities say the cause of the blaze was electrical, and the residentwas very lucky to get out.

      The renter says he suddenly woke up, took a deep breath and crawled out with his dog.

      No injuries reported. The Red Cross is providing assistance to the home's resident.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER