Indonesian Young Green Jackfruit Stew
Gudeg ( Indonesian Young Green Jackfruit Stew) in Crock Pot
- 2 Cans Young
Green Jackfruit in water, drain and
- 1 Can (13.5
Fl.oz/400ml) Coconut Milk
- 4-6 Pieces chicken
- 4-6 Hard-boiled Eggs, peeled
- 1 Pack of Extra Firm
Tofu, cut into few pieces
- 2-4 Tea bags ( to
get deep brown color), (optional)
- 6 Pieces
- 8 Pieces
Indonesian Bay Leaves
- ¾ Cup Dark brown
Sugar ( or 200 gr Palm Sugar)
- 5 Tablespoon
water for blending
- 7 Candlenuts
- 1 Onion
- 1 Whole Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon ground Coriander
- ½ Teaspoon ground Cumin
- 1 Tablespoon Salt (or to taste)
1. In a blender, combine Candlenuts, Onion, Garlic and
water into a smooth paste.
2. In a Slow Cooker/Crock Pot, combine all ingredients,
started with Galangal and Indonesian Bay Leaves on the bottom, hard-boiled
eggs, chicken, tofu, young green Jackfruit,Candlenut onion garlic paste,
Coriander, Cumin, Salt, Dark Brown Sugar, Coconut Milk and tea bags.
3. Set the Slow Cooker/ Crock Pot on "High" for 4 hours.
1.After 4 hours on "High", discard the tea bags.
2. Carefully stir the mixture, adjust the taste to your
preference. At this point, you can enjoy the Gudeg already.( Don't forget to discard
the Galangal and the Indonesian Bay leaves before you server).
3. In you want to get thicker broth, let it simmer for
another 4-5 hours on "Low". Occasionally stir
the mixture carefully.
4. Wait 5-10 minutes to cool off.
5. Serve it with steamed rice. Enjoy!