The City of Kearney Sanitation Division will have a few scheduling changes due to the upcoming July 4th Holiday.
The following changes will be in effect for the garbage collection system and the Kearney Area Solid Waste Agency Landfill:
- Commercial businesses normally having garbage collection service on Thursday, July 4 will be collected on Wednesday, July 3 or on Friday, July 5.
- Residential garbage collection will remain on schedule Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Thursday's collection will be delayed one day and Friday's collection will not be affected.
- Wednesday's yard waste collection will remain on schedule. Thursday's yard waste collection will be delayed one day.
- Residential collection of recyclables will remain on schedule, except Thursday's collection will be on Friday, July 5 and Friday's collection will be on Saturday, July 6.
- Commercial recyclables normally collected on Friday, July 5 will be collected on Saturday, July 6.
- The Solid Waste Agency Landfill and Compost and Tree Site will be closed on Thursday, July 4
City offices will also be closed to observe the holiday.
The City of Kearney offices, Kearney Public Library and Peterson Senior Activity Center will be closed Thursday, July 4 and will return to normal hours of operation on Friday.