- 4 catfish filets
- 1 recipe beer batter (see below)
- seasoned flour, enough for dredging
- lemon pepper seasoning
- corn/canola oil, enough for frying
- 4 oz. banana peppers
- 1 recipe roasted red bell coulis (see below)
- 1 egg
- 1 can beer (Thunderhead Honey Wheat works well)
Whisk egg and beer together. Add flour gradually until it reaches pancake consistency.
- 2 red bell peppers, peeled, de-seeded and roasted
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- salt, to taste
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp sugar 4-6 ounces olive oil
- 1 pinch onion powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Dip catfish in beer batter, dredge in seasoned flour and dry in 350-degree oil for about 5 minutes. Drain on a towel.
Season with lemon pepper. Top with banana peppers. Drizze sauce over fish.
Serve and enjoy!