The celebration of 100 years of the Lincoln Highway is fast approaching and the city of Kearney has activities all over town on June 30 to please anyone looking to celebrate the historic occasion.
- 7 a.m. - 12 p.m. -- Free Will Big Breakfast at the Knights of Columbus, 19th and Central
- Noon -- Activities Begin on Central Avenue
- 12:30 p.m. -- East and West Coast Tours Meet at Central and 25th Street
- 1 p.m. -- Parade Up Central Avenue
- 2 p.m. -- Kearney Concert Band at MONA Parking Lot
Show n' Shine in Downtown Kearney
- 2-3:30 p.m. -- Free Movie, "Safety Last!" at the World Theatre, 24th and Central Avenue
All Afternoon, Noon to 5 p.m.
- Kearney Fire Department Food Tent at the City Parking Lot, 23rd and Avenue A
- Lincoln Highway MarketPlace on 23rd Street
- UP Mini Train Rides at MONA Parking Lot, 25th and Central Avenue
- Entertainment and Educational Exhibits Across Central Avenue
- Historic Pedal Cars from Speedway Motors Collection, 2200 Central Avenue
- Miss Nebraska at Elesch Boutique, 2112 Central Avenue
- David Wiebe Lincoln Highway Paintings Exhibit at TRU Cafe, 2100 Central Avenue
- Russ Hansen Photos, Posters and T-shirts at 2320 Central Avenue
- Wright Morris Photography Exhibit at MONA, 24th and Central Avenue
- Historic Lincoln Highway Photo Exhibition at the Frank House, UNK West Campus
Open Downtown Restaurants
- Cunninghams's Journal, 15 W. 23rd St.
- K-town Cakes & More, 2300 Central Avenue
- The Breakfast Cart, 2524 First Avenue
- The Chicken Coop, 2115 Avenue A
- Thunderhead Brewery, 18 E. 21st St.
- TRU Cafe, 2100 Central Avenue
- Sweetwater Mill, 24th and Central Avenue
- las Palmas Restaurant, 2200 Central Avenue
The evening will conclude with a free concert at the Merryman Performing Arts Center at 7 p.m.