March is Red Cross Month and Donations Are Needed
Omaha -- March is Red Cross Month and the American Red Cross is inviting everyone to support their communities by giving blood or platelets, volunteering, taking a class or making a financial donation.
Those involved enable the Red Cross to continue to help people prevent, prepare for and respond to emergencies.
Like the emergency room of a hospital, the Red Cross must be prepared to respond to patient needs around the clock. With the generous support of blood donors, the Red Cross can help ensure all patients have the blood products they need, no matter when or where.
Patients of all types regularly need transfusions.
A hospital served by the Red Cross recently ordered 50 units of red blood cells and 50 units of plasma for a patient undergoing a liver transplant. Thanks to dedicated Red Cross donors, blood products were readily available for this patient and many others.
To make an appointment to donate blood or for more information about other ways to get involved with the Red Cross, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
Upcoming blood donation opportunities:
- March 21 from 12-6 p.m. at First Congregational Church, 2810 W. Seventh St. in Hastings, Neb.
- March 28 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at First Congregational Church, 2810 W. Seventh St. in Hastings, Neb.
- March 18 from 12-6 p.m. at Fort Kearney Chapter, 520 W. 48th in Kearney, Neb.
- March 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Ravenna High School, 41750 Carthage Road in Ravenna, Neb.
- March 19 from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fort Kearney Chapter, 520 W. 48th in Kearney, Neb.
- March 21 from 12-6 p.m. at Fort Kearney Chapter, 520 W. 48th in Kearney, Neb.