Mexican Pilaf with Turkey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced (use gloves)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked grains, such as barley, quinoa and/or brown rice
- 1 cup cooked turkey breast, shredded (leftovers work great)
- 1/2 cup canned no salt added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- juice of 1 lime
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over
medium heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeno and corn. Cook and stir
3-5 minutes, or until tender.
Stir in grains, turkey and beans. Cook 2 minutes.
Stir in cilantro and lime juice and serve.