The University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension is hosting a webinar to help producers understand options available to them through the extended farm bill.
The web sessions will be available to producers on April 29 and May 3 from 10:30 a.m. until noon. The first half of the session will feature discussion about farm bill implications while the second half will cover the online Excel-based Nebraska ACRE tool for producers.
Congress this year extended the 2008 farm bill to cover production in 2013 which means that producers will again need to make an election regarding which FSA farm program they will enroll under: the traditional DCP program or the newer ACRE program.
Timothy Lemmons, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Extension educator, said it's critical that producers understand how each program has performed in the past and how it's anticipated to perform this year.
Producers can participate in the webinar at http://connect.unl.edu/farmbillmeeting.
Producers can also go to the following sites to view the webinar:
- Chase County, 135 West Fifth, Imperial, April 29 and May 3;
- Valley County Extension Office, April 29 and May 3;
- Jefferson County Extension Office, April 29 and May 3;
- Haskell Ag Lab in Concord, May 3 only;
- Washington County Extension Office, 597 Grant St., Blair, May 3 only; and
- Cuming County Extension Office, courthouse, West Point, April 29 only.
In addition, the sessions will be recorded and available later at cropwatch.unl.edu.