NTV Meteorologist Tim Reith to Attempt "Arch Attack Challenge"
Dickey's Barbecue Pit is launching their new "Arch Attack" platter Wednesday at the Great Platte River Road Archway.
The platter, which can only be found at the Archway location, features two Texas chopped brisket big barbecue sandwiches, two pulled pork big barbecue sandwiches, one chopped brisket/pulled pork westerner, five orders of waffle iron fries and two whole dill pickles.
The platter serves four to six people and costs $36 unless an individual can complete the Arch Attack Challenge, in which case the meal is free. The time for the challenge to be completed will be determined after the celebrity challenge.
Local celebrities, including NTV's Tim Reith, will try to eat the meal and help determine the benchmark time for future contestants. The local celebrities announced so far include:
- Tim Reith – NTV Meteorologist
- Josh Jelden – Kearney Area Chamber Membership Director
- Joe Vasquez – US Army reserve Specialist, 295th Ordinance Company
- Brian Ward - #24 Center – Tri-City Storm Hockey
- Dylan Maller - #12 Defenseman – Tri-City Storm Hockey
Festivities willbegin at the Great Platte River Road Archway Wednesday, March 27 at 5 p.m. with ameet and greet of the contestants, followed by the competition starting at 6 p.m.
The public is invited to attend the event. Those wishing to tour the Archway can do so before the event, and as a special event offer, children under 15 are free with a paid adult admission. Dickey's will also be selling barbecue at the event.
There is no charge to come out and watch the event, but theywill be accepting donations for the Archway Foundation.
For those wishing to participate in the challenge in the future, here are the rules:
- This is a solo project. The contestant cannot leave the table/platter until they are done.
- The contestant must eat all the food on the platter.
- Additional drinks and sauces may be added.
- The contestant must keep the food down or forfeit.
- The challenge must be completed within the time frame (to be determined).
For those that complete the challenge, the prizes include a souvenir t-shirt, a picture on the Wall of Fame and the meal and drinks are free.