The first accumulating snow is expected forparts of south central Nebraska Tuesday and Tuesday night. It's only fittingWinter Weather Awareness Day is Thursday, November 7th. All this weekthe National Weather Service Hastings office will be providing informationabout winter weather preparedness.
Information can be found on their website,public information statements and through Facebook posts and tweets on Twitter(@NWSHastings).
On Wednesday evening from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.they are inviting everyone to submit winter weather questions on their Facebookpage. Their meteorologists on staff will answer them right away with Facebookchat.
Here is a link to more information on WinterWeather Awareness Day, http://www.crh.noaa.gov/images/oax/news/WWAD2013%20_NEIA.pdf. The followinginformation is included:
- Winter weather summaries for the Panhandle, Southwest, North Central, South Central and Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa.
- NOAA Weather Radio All-Hazards Information
- Winter Weather Terminology
- Winter Weather Dangers
- Winter Weather Safety and Travel Tips
- Road Report Information
- Winter Precipitation Types
- Social Media Information
- Statewide Snowfall Map
The NWS Hastings website can be accessed here:www.weather.gov/hastings.