Pasta St. Jaques
- 6 oz. penne pasta, cooked
- 4-5 scallops, raw
- 4-5 shrimp, raw
- 1/2 cup fresh spinach, de-stemmed & chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted & julienned
- 2-3 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 toe elephant garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/8 cup pernod
- 1/4 cup milk, warmed
- 1/4 cup half and half, warmed
- romano cheese, grated, to taste
- fresh basil, to taste
Melt 2 Tbsp butter in saute pan and saute garlic until tender. Whisk
in 1 Tbsp flour to make white or blonde roux. Whisk in both dairies
until sauce thickens.
Add mushrooms, spinach, red peppers, shrimp and scallops and toss lightly to combine. Cook 4 minutes. De-glaze with white wine.
Add cheese and toss lightly. Add pernod and toss again. Add pasta and toss again.
Should sauce become too thick, thin with milk or water (don't add more half and half or it will become clumpy).
Top with grated romano cheese and fresh basil.