- 1 large pepper, any color
- 1 baseball size onion, diced
- 8 oz. mushrooms
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 1 lb. sausage (any)
- 1 can olives (black, preferably)
- 3 cans of tomatoes (all crushed or 2 crushed and 1 diced)
- quarter celery salt if tomatoes are not home-canned
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tbs basil
- 2 tbs oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
Dice pepper and onion into a pot to medium heat. Put in all seasonings, let cook until onions are translucent.
Put rest of topping ingredients and let heat up, then pour in tomatoes and let simmer until it starts to boil into a soup. Top with cheese.
Pair with french bread or any garlic bread.