Public sessions will be held Tuesday, Aug. 5 in seven cities across Nebraska at 10 a.m. or 7 p.m. (CDT). They include:
- Ainsworth: Educational Service Unit 17, 207 N. Main Street
- Kearney: Educational Service Unit 10, 76 Plaza Blvd.
- Lincoln: Nebraska Department of Education, 301 Centennial Mall South, 6th floor, Board Room
- North Platte: Educational Service Unit 16, 1221 W. 17th Street
- Omaha: Educational Service Unit 3, 6949 S. 110th Street
- Scottsbluff: Educational Service Units 13, Harms Advanced Technology Center, 2620 College Park, Room E-188
- Wakefield: Educational Service Unit 01, 211 Tenth Street
Comments will also be accepted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new standards are intended to help prepare Nebraska students for college and careers. Drafts of the standards can be found at www.education.ne.gov/StandardsSurvey/index.html.
Comments gathered in the meetings will be shared with the standards editing committee to help finalize the standards before they are presented to the Board of Education.