Public Hearing Dates Set to Discuss Nebraska's Tax System
Sen. Galen Hadley, chair of the Tax Modernization Committee, has announced the locations and time of public hearings to be held to hear input on Nebraska's tax system.
The committee was created during the last legislative session to explore possible tax reforms. The committee must hold five public hearings as part of the resolution, which Hadley announced Tuesday.
The schedule of public meetings is:
- Monday, September 23 -- Harms Advanced Technology Center, Western Nebraska Community College in Scottsbluff, from 4-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 24 -- North Platte Community College, from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, September 26 -- Lifelong Learning Center, Northeast Nebraska Community College in Norfolk, from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 17 -- Metro Community College, South Omaha Campus, from 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Friday, October 18 -- State Capitol Building, Room 1113, Lincoln, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
All times are local.