- 2 c flour
- 7 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 - 1/4 tsp cloves
- 6 Tablespoons COLD butter
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 Tablespoons half & half
- 1 egg
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet or line it
with parchment paper.
2. Mix the dry ingredients together in medium bowl.
3. Cut the butter into the dry ingredients using a pastry blender.
4. Mix pumpkin, half&half and the egg in a small bowl.
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix lightly but thoroughly.
6. Shape dough into a circle on a lightly floured surface (similar in
thickness to biscuits).
7. Cut into 8 wedges and place on prepared baking sheet.
8. Bake for 9-12 minutes until lightly browned.
9. Let cool slightly, then glaze if desired.