- 1 9-inch pre-baked pie shell
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 12 ounces Swiss and Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. half and half
- 1/2 pound cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/3 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Saute onions in butter until tender.
Whisk eggs in large bowl; add cream and spices.
Layer onions, bacon and cheese in pie shell. Portion egg custard over ingredients in shell, being careful not to overfill.
Bake 35-40 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
Portion into wedges and serve on clean leaf lettuce fillets with fresh fruit salad and/or a toasted bread crouton.