MENU

      Eddyville Family Displaced After House Fire, Red Cross Responds

      21087733_BG1.jpg
      21087733_BG1.jpg

      Kearney- A Eddyville family has been displaced after their home caught fire Friday morning.

      Fire Chief Charles Stryker said the fire broke out around 9:30 Friday morning and fire started in a wall near the roof of the home.

      The fire was contained in the roof but the house sustained significant water damage from crews fighting the blaze with the Miller Fire Department standing by to provide back-up in the event that the fire spread.

      The cause is believed to be electrical.

      Residents of the single family house fire received assistance from the American Red Cross throughout Friday afternoon.

      A volunteer responded to the fire and remained on scene throughout the early evening.

      If you would like to make a donation to the American Red Cross and aid in disaster relief visit redcross.org or call 1-800-REDCROSS (1-800-733-2767). Contributions may also be sent to your local American Red Cross chapter or to the American Red Cross, P.O. Box 37243, Washington, DC 20013.

      For more Red Cross fire safety and preparedness information visit www.redcross.org/homefires.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER