Scottsbluff Fire Claims Lives of Two Dogs, $40,000 in Damages


A fire in a Scottsbluff home has left its residents with an estimated $40,000 in damages to contend with.

Firefighters were dispatched to the home just after midnight Sunday.

The two residents managed to escape the blaze unharmed before the fire trucks arrived.

Their two dogs however were lost in the fire and died of smoke inhalation.

Firefighters say a wood-burning stove was to blame. Heat from the unit was transferred to the surrounding slate floor, catching wood in the floor on fire.