Spanish Rice and Chocolate Candy
Slow Cooker Spanish Rice
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion-chopped
- 2 green peppers-chopped
- 1 cup raw rice
- 2 lbs. ground beef- cooked and drained
Put all ingredients in the slow cooker and mix well. Cook on low 6-8 hours or on high 3 hours-stirring occasionally.
Slow Cooker Chocolate Candy
- 2 lbs salted dry-roasted peanuts (or roasted pecans)
- 4 oz. (4 squares) German's sweet chocolate
- 1 12 oz. package semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
- 2 1/2 lbs white almond bark
1. Put the peanuts in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker. Layer the chocolate over the peanuts, beginning with the sweet chocolate, followed by the chocolate chips, and then the almond bark. Set the temperature on low and cook for 3 hours. Do not stir the mixture.
2. After 3 hours, stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until smooth. Drop the candy into cupcake pan liners, using about 2 tablespoons per liner. Allow the candy to cool completely before removing the cupcake liners. Makes 30-40 pieces.