- 4 oz. cooked jasmine rice with coconut milk
- 10-12 scallops (cleaned and patted dry)
- 2 oz. thinly shaved cucumber
- 2 scallions (sliced)
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp fresh ginger (shaved)
- 3-4 basil leaves
- 1/2 lime
- 2 tsp Thai chili paste
- 2 oz. clarified butter
- salt and pepper
- tsp fresh chopped garlic
- 1 oz. toasted flaked coconut
Marinate scallops with chili paste, 1 oz. butter, garlic, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes. Heat butter in medium sauté pan on medium-high, when butter just starts to smoke, add scallops. Sear about 2 minutes each side.
Take them out and rest scallops. Add coconut milk, ginger, basil, and scallions. Bring to boil, shut off heat. Place rice on center of plate, place scallops around rice, pour sauce over scallops. Top scallops with cucumber, toasted coconut and lime.