Tips for Finding Someone to Handle Your Pest Control
Many home owners are looking for someone to manage their pest problems around this time of the year, and the Better Business Bureau is warning them to make sure a professional is handling that business.
The BBB has the following tips on finding a qualified pest management professional:
- Check out possible candidates by looking for members of national, state or local associations.
- Always deal with a qualified licensed pest management company.
- Ask to see the company's license or any other credentials the company boasts.
- Don't rush to find someone to work with. Get bids and wait to work with someone you can trust.
- Be sure you fully understand any contract before you sign. Know the nature of the pest to be exterminated, the extent of the infestation and the work necessary to solve the problem.
- Don't fall for high-pressure sales tactics. Buy based on value, not price. Beware of companies that offer bargains that sound too good to be true.
- Beware of companies that come to your home uninvited and offer to give your house a free inspection. Also look out for the companies that press you for costly treatments or want money right away.
Visit bbb.org or call 800.649.6814 to view the company's business review before making a decision.