Broken Bow has several days of events planned for solar eclipse
BROKEN BOW, Neb. —
Broken Bow has four days of activities planned for the 2017 eclipse.
Friday, Aug. 18 at the Broken Bow Country Club
- Golf 9-Hole Grass Greens • 308-872-6444
- Party at Kinkaider Brewing Co. / Taproom & Kitchen
Saturday, Aug. 19 downtown Broken Bow
- TeamMates 5K Walk/Run/Bike - 7:00am City Square
- Make a Splash at the Broken Bow Aquatic Center
- Food & Crafts in the City Square
- Evening Street Dance featuring the James Lee Band • Broken Bow Legends Neighborhood Grill
- Chicken Wing Eating Contest • Broken Bow Legends Neighborhood Grill
Sunday, Aug. 20 at the Custer County Fairgrounds
- Cowboy Church
- Barrel Racing
- Outdoor Movie Theater & Car Show
- Special Viewings of NET Productions inlcuding: Solomon Butcher: Frontier Photographer
Sunday-Monday, Aug. 20-21 at Straight Arrow Bison Ranch
- Guided Tours • Pasture View • Lunch & More
- Reservations: 308-872-3066 | Straightarrowbison.com
Monday, Aug. 21 at the Scenic Byway Barn: 10am-4pm
- Enjoy the museum, hiking trail and more!
- Music by We're Not Twins
- Antique Tractor Display
- Chicken Coop (chickens roost in darkness)
- Cowboy Poet, RP Smith
- Reserved seats at the viewing center for eclipse.
- The Math of It All • Stephanie McCaslin, PHD
- Beer/Food - Lunch served 11am-2pm
- 150-Drive selfie winner announced
Selfie Contest: Sponsored by the Broken Bow Chamber • 308-872-5691
Drive a 150-mile tour around Custer County taking selfies at select locations. Post to the contest page to be entered to win $500 in Chamber Bucks! Contest starts July 6 with the winner announced Aug. 21 at the Scenic Byway Barn. Stop by the chamber to purchase your raffle ticket or click here for more info. Make it a party! Limo service is available through Premier Limousine • 308-767-2090.
Solar Eclipse: Monday, Aug. 21
- Broken Bow Partial phase start: 11:32a.m. / Totality start: 12:55p.m.
- Protect your Eyes. Purchase solar eclipse glasses at event locations Aug. 18-21.
- For more information, visit the CEDC Facebook page: Custer Economic Development Corporation