Businesses still have eclipse glasses available
Visitors across the world are expected to gather at the center line for the total solar eclipse on Aug. 21, but there may not be enough pairs of approved eclipse glasses to go around.
While some places are already sold out, glasses are still available for purchase at a variety of locations.
The following locations were provided by area Visitors Bureaus or business owners reached out to NTV to be added to the list:
- Visitors Bureau- SOLD OUT
- Grand Island Ace Hardware - 1704 3rd Street
- Hy-Vee – 115 Wilmar Avenue
- Central Community College 3134 W. US Highway 34
- Stuhr Musuem – 3133 W US Highway 35
- Visitors Bureau – 219 N. Hastings Ave.
- Chamber of Commerce – 301 South Burlington Ave.
- Hastings Museum- 1330 North Burlington Ave.
- Advanced Eye Care – 1414 W. 12th St.
- Hastings Vision Clinic – 2119 W. 12th St.
- C-3 Hotel – 2205 Osborne Dr. E.
- Holiday Inn Express – 3605 Cimarron Plaza
- Bath Bliss Gifts – 536 W. 2nd St.
- Gary Michael’s Clothiers – 642 W. 2nd St.
- Motorsports Park Hastings – 427 S. Showboat Blvd.
- Kearney Visitors Bureau – 1007 2nd Avenue
- Bow & Arrow Boutique – 2112 Central Avenue
- Archway – 3060 E. 1st Street
- Stagecoach – 310 3rd Avenue
- Walgreens -2516 2nd Avenue
- Classic Car Collection – 3600 Highway 30
- Trails & Rails Museum – 710 W. 11th Street
- Fast Phil Convenience Store – 405 2nd Ave
- Holiday Inn Gift Shop - 110 2nd Ave
- Plum Creek Market Place –1411 Plum Creek Pkwy
- Larry’s Market - 116 C Street
- North Platte Visitors Center - 101 Halligan Drive
For a directory of retail chains selling approved eclipse glasses, go to https://eclipse.aas.org/resources/solar-filters.
If you represent a business that has approved eclipse glasses for sale and would like to be added to the list, email email@example.com.