Grand Island St. Francis offers ‘Freedom from Smoking’ classes
CHI Health St. Francis is offering “Freedom from Smoking” tobacco cessation class with the first session taking place from 2-3:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 16, in the Cardiac Rehab/Wellness Center conference room at St. Francis.
“Freedom from Smoking” is taught by American Lung Association. Trained instructors Jenny Roush, BSE, of the St. Francis Cancer Treatment Center, and Seann Julian, RRT, of St. Francis Cardiac/Pulmonary Rehabilitation Services, will be the instructors for the class at St. Francis.
The American Lung Association’s “Freedom from Smoking” has been the leading tobacco cessation program for more than 25 years. The program shows participants how to quit tobacco — for good — in a small and supportive group setting.
During this, seven-week, eight-session program, attendees will receive a participant workbook that covers topics such as knowing if you’re ready to quit smoking, lifestyle changes, coping strategies, stress management tools, relaxation DVD and preparing for Quit Day.
The cost of the program is $25, free to a CHI Health employee and or their spouse. Registration is encouraged by Monday, Jan. 15.
Anyone interested can contact Roush at (308) 398-8912.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW (784-8669); En Español: 1-855-Déjelo-Ya (335-3569)
- Enroll in the Nebraska Tobacco Quitline
- Complete one coaching session with a trained Quitline Coach
- Receive free Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) in the mail starting January 1, 2018.
What the Quitline will do:
- Provide free, confidential support and counseling
- Work with you to develop a personalized Quit Plan
- Be available 24/7 in more than 170 languages
- Mail free NRT directly to your address