Asian Spring Roll with Peanut Sauce
- 6 sweet chili peppers, mini, or 1/4 each of yellow, orange and bell, thinly julienned
- 1/2 stalk or rib of leek, thinly julienned
- 1 stalk celery, thinly julienned
- 1 large toe elephant garlic, roasted or toasted in olive oil
- 3 ribs bok choy, medium julienned
- 1 heaping Tbsp sushi ginger, thinly julienned
- 1 Tbsp (borderline heaping) fresh ginger, skins removed, minced
- 1/8-1/4 cup sesame oil, preferably toasted
- 1 carrot, thinly julienne into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly julienned
- 1 medium-sized crook neck squash, thinly julienned
- a few dashes pomegranite red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Chinese five spice
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar, Splenda, Truvia or Stevia
- 6-8 dashes maggi seasoning or Teriyaki sauce
- grilled chicken or shrimp (optional)
- wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- oil, enough for frying
Combine all ingredients in large stainless steel bowl. Toss well just before filling wonton so they don't get soggy.
Braise in large saute pan, being sure not to wilt vegetables. Remove from heat.
Place enough filling on wonton wrapper to properly roll without
stuffing too full, including chicken or shrimp, if desired. Place
wrapper roll on another wonton and roll up again. Seal with whipped
Place in 350 degree oil and brown on all sides. Remove from pan.
Put on plate with a paper towel to soak up oil. Slice with a very sharp knife, or else roll will tear.
Dip in peanut sauce (see recipe on On the Menu site).