Bacon, Egg and Potato Breakfast Stacks
- 6 cups uncooked bliss potatoes, baby-variety (about 12 oz.)
- 9 oz. fresh spinach, baby-variety (about 1 1/2 cups after cooking)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp chives, fresh, chopped
- 6 slices uncooked Canadian-style bacon, quartered
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place muffin liners in a 12-hole muffin tin.
Wash and steam potatoes until just done or slightly underdone, about
10 to 15 minutes; cool immediately. Slice each potato into four rounds;
Wash and steam spinach until just wilted, about 3 to 5 minutes; cool,
drain well, squeeze out any remaining water and set aside.
In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs and chives.
Place a middle slice of potato in the bottom of each muffin hole so
it lays flat. Top each with a quarter-slice of bacon, 1 heaping tsp
ricotta cheese mixture, about 2 Tbsp spinach, about a Tbsp cheese,
another bacon quarter, and another heaping tsp ricotta mixture. Finish
stacks by placing remaining potato slices on top and sprinkling with a
few remaining shreds of cheese.
Bake stacks until fully set and ricotta is cooked through, about 30
to 35 minutes. Cool in muffin tins for about 10 to 15 minutes and then
transfer to racks to continue cooling.