Baked Mozzarella Sticks & Cashew Chicken Dip
Baked Mozzarella Sticks
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5-6 minutes
- Cooking spray
- 1 (12-ounce) package reduced-fat Mozzarella string cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 tablespoons panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup prepared marinara sauce, warmed
Position rack in upper third of oven and preheat it to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Remove cheese from packaging and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk egg until foamy. In a small non-stick skillet, mix Italian seasoning with bread crumbs and place over medium-heat. Cook and stir bread crumbs until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
Dip one piece of string cheese in egg until coated and then into toasted bread crumbs, coating completely. Re-dip the string cheese in egg and again in bread crumbs, if desired. Place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining string cheese and place on baking sheet 1 1/2 inches apart. Spray string cheese lightly with cooking spray.
Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until heated through. Note: Cheese may melt slightly and loose shape. Simply press it back into place. Serve with warmed marinara sauce for dipping.
Cashew Chicken Dip
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1½ cups Greek style plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 (12.5 oz) can white chicken, packed in water (97% fat free), drained
- 1 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- ½ cup roasted and unsalted cashews, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, low sodium
In a decorative bowl, mix together all ingredients, saving 2 tablespoons of cashews and 1 tablespoon of green onions. Top with remaining cashews and green onions for garnish. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with raw vegetables (like carrot sticks, cucumber slices, pea pods and red pepper slices) or whole-wheat crackers.