- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds thin-sliced round steaks or sirloin tip
steaks, cut in serving-size portions
- steak grill seasoning, such as Chicago steak or Montreal
- 2 medium onions, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon steak grill seasoning, such as Chicago or
Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light or dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard, or a Dijon style
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with
cooking spray. Heat oven to 325°.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive
oil. Sprinkle the steaks with grill seasoning and brown lightly on both sides.
Remove the steaks to a plate.
Add onions to the same skillet and cook, stirring
frequently, until lightly browned, about 4 to 6 minutes.
Combine ketchup with 1 tablespoon steak seasoning,
vinegar, brown sugar, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
Pour about 1/2 cup of the sauce in the baking dish.
Arrange about 1/4 of the onions over the sauce. Arrange some of the steaks over
the sauce, spoon more of the sauce over each steak and sprinkle with half of
the remaining onions. Repeat with the remaining steaks, topping with the
remaining onions and sauce.
Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 1