Baked Steak with Mushroom Gravy
- 1/2 pound boneless beef round steak or 1 1/2 pounds beef cube steaks
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms (optional)
Place frozen or thawed beef in a crock pot sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chopped onions on top. Pour beef broth over beef and onions. Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours.
Add soup, mushrooms, and gravy mix. Stir well. Cook on low an additional hour or on high for 30 minutes. Serve with mashed potatoes.