- 4 small jars or 2 small cans artichokes, quartered
- 24 1-inch pieces bacon, cooked
- 1 recipe horseradish cream cheese (see below)
- 1 pint buttermilk
- seasoned flour, enough for dredging
- oil, enough for frying
Horseradish Cream Cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 8-10 black olives, diced
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 2 tsp-1 Tbsp horseradish
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- 1 scallion, sliced
Lay each bacon piece on top of 1/4-1/3 ounces horseradish cream
cheese. Smash onto 1 piece of artichoke. Repeat until all artichokes are
Dip artichokes in buttermilk, then seasoned flour. Repeat.
Fry in 300-degree oil, about 1 minute.
Serve and enjoy!