Coconut Peanut Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, sprinkled with salt, pepper and garlic
- 2 cups shredded, sweetened coconut
- 2 cups granulated or chopped peanuts
- tempura batter (see recipe below)
- oil, enough for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 eggs, separated, beaten
Heat about 1 inch of oil in bottom of pan or pot with high sides to avoid splatter. Oil should reach 320-340 degrees before frying.
Combine first three ingredients in a bowl.
Combine egg yolks and salt and whip until frothy. Fold into flour mixture. Add more flour to thicken, if needed.
Dunk chicken until well-coated, then roll in coconut-peanut mixture.
Fry until golden brown.
Raspberry Sesame Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam or preserves
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1-2 Tbsp balsamic or pomegranate red wine vinegar
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 dashes Tabasco, optional
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
Combine all ingredients, except oils, in stainless steel bowl.
Add sesame and grapeseed oils in measuring cup or vessel suited for pouring.
In a steady stream, whisk oil into first liquid mixture, making sure to emulsify (or whisk until all ingredients appear mixed).
Pour into container with tight-fitting lid. When ready to serve, shake well.
Place chicken atop salad and drizzle with dressing. Serve and enjoy!