Cranberry Pumpkin Bars
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp. reduced-calorie margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 Tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 Tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking
spray, then dust lightly with flour.
In a large
bowl, cream sugar and margarine with an electric mixer; beat in egg, egg white,
pumpkin puree and buttermilk.
bowl, combine flour, oats, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Stir into
pumpkin mixture just until moistened, then add cranberries and mix gently.
batter in pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until center springs back when
gently pressed. Cool and cut into 18 bars.
Peanut Butter and Apple Sandwiches
Slice apple and spread 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and honey onto apple.
Apple and Cheddar Melts
Halve apples. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and melt. Top with toasted pumpkin seeds.